Re: Formal Evocation vs. Mental Wandering

Message 01297 of 3835

NKKA,

No offence is taken. Personally, at this point in my training I find
it rather hard to take offence even when an offence is ment.

However, I haven't exctly completed step 8. My own progress with
regards to Hermetics and Kabbalah didn't exactly follow the typical
line of progression as I started with the basic work of KTQ when I
was working on step 4 in IIH. At which point divine providence did
everything but throw the kitchen sink at me to start doing some more
advanced work of kabbalah.

Once I started to do this work, especially the elemental accumulation
within the four elemental regions, in addiiton to the fire pole of
KTQ, my perception of the world exploded and expanded to the edge of
the universe and my progress went into overdrive. And I have
progressed formally through to the work of step 6 in IIH.

All that being said, I have to say that yes, I can find the answer
myself through a variety of mediums: via contact with my great
guardian genious, by contemplating the question at hand and switching
back and forth between VOM and OP, uttering the cosmic letter 'E' to
induce a trance that leads to a revalationg upon one matter or
another.

Now if I'm able to find the answer to my question on my own, then why
do I bother asking these questions to Rawn? For a variety of reasons,
ranging from the fact that it is in my nature to question everything,
my own conclusions especially, the fact that occasionally my greater
guardian genious is not overly forthcoming with providing answers to
certian questions, the fact that it's easier to bug Rawn than my
greater guardian genious with questions, and the fact that this
bantering back and forth between Rawn and I provides food for thought
for other scholars working upon the path that they would not if I
didn't ask these questions.

On some level, what the conversations that Rawn and I have been
having are a lot like two scholars of English literature talking
about some obscure, minor character in one of Shakespeare's plays.
The main difference between Rawn and I is that I just have my general
B.A. whereas Rawn has a Ph.D. and the experience of Northorpe Frye,
one of the great English scholars of the last century. While we both
have an understanding of the answer to the question (though my
understanding is rather shakey at times. I mean, sure, I can do the
work of getting in contact with a spirit, merging with it's
consciousness, condensing the light down to a certian density that
would provide a sutible atmosphere for the spirit and so forth. But
that doesn't necessarily mean that I know why I'm able to do this
all, nor how I manage to do it. Strange as that may seem.) the
perspective that both of us are coming from are radically different
in some places, and quite close in others. As such, by conversing
with each other we are garnering from the different perspective and
experiences of another.

Also, actually being able to put these rather complex issues down
into a written format is quite difficult due to the fact that these
things usually need to be experienced directly through the direct
perception of essential meaning. This forces me to deal with the
direct perception of essential meaning to depen my understanding of
the topic in such a manner that I can express it in a written format.
Which is something that I have found quite benificial to my own
practice.

Also, I know all too well that Rawn also believes that it is very
rare that questions of an advanced nature will be posed after the
scholar has truely gotten past the work of step 4 due to the fact
that by that point they have developed some of the most basic tools
for further progression along the hermetic path. The ability to
puzzle out any question that is confusing them being one of the
primary ones.

I also know all too well that there is a limit to what Rawn is
willing to talk about in public or in private with regards to
Hermetics, Kabbalah, or evocation. If I cross that line, I know that
Rawn will respond by saying, in a far more tactful manner, "Bugger
off and figure it out for yourself." :)

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "magesmail" <magesmail@y...>
wrote:
> Hello.
> First of all , let me state that I am NOT trying to offend anyone.
Iam

<peter_reist@y...>
> wrote:
> > Dear Rawn,

They
> > serve to support the magician's focus and their will as they
learn
> > the Art of evocation. Eventually, they become unnecessary.<<<
> >
> > Then, of course, the question becomes: does the initiate who has
> > completed step eight really need such training wheels?
> >
> > Also, why does Bardon not talk about the invocation of a spirit
into
> > the structure of the mental body? While such a working would be
> > potentially dangerous for the untrained initiate, for the trained
> > magician couldn't it be something more along the lines of what
Bardon
> > talked about when he mentioned about pnuma transference at the
end of
> > Step 4?
> >
> > Love and Live well,
> > Peter Reist