Getting creative with soul mirror...

Message 01320 of 3835

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everybody.

Over the last 2 weeks I've been putting my soul mirror together. By
struggling away, trying to think

about myself in past situations, I managed to come up with about 150
items for my white and

black mirrors (300 total). Then I hit an impenetrable brick wall. No
go... no way.

There were only 2 choices - either I am completely and utterly shallow
(!) or there must be more in

there. To rule out the second option I had to get creative. In the
hope that they might be of

interest to someone else, here they are the most successful things I
tried...

1. spend a week away from work just observing yourself doing nothing.
A vacation is perfect - any change of

routine.
2. Email questionnaires to 50 friends and ask for anonymous feedback.
I used my web-site for this.
3. Order an on-line astrological character profile (eg. Equinox.co.uk
is reliable) and pick up keywords from it
4. Watch TV programs you don't normally - what buttons get pushed?
5. Online thesaurus - look for synonyms that make sense based on words
you already have.
6. As step 5 but use Google and search for images rather than sites.
All sorts of creative ideas come to mind
7. Re-read really old letters and communications. Pick out keywords.
If you have a thesis, go back and read that.

You won't believe the repetitive words you used to use.
8. Group existing mirror items together in categories of your
choosing. Repeat this to get all possible combinations.
Where are the holes/gaps? Can you make them more general? How about
more specific?

9 Deliberately stop all work on soul mirror to absorb myself in other
things - amazing how many things crop up when

you're not looking for them! (particularly when you don't have a pen
handy...).

It seems to me that struggling away has it's own merits. Being
creative like this has both advantages and disadvantages.
With every single one, I made sure that the words I chose carried both
an emotional charge, and made intuitive sense
based on what I already knew to be true. I've found that you need to
separate the wheat from the chaff without being too
rational. Size does matter, but quality is more important than
quantity!

Now I have over 200 items on each side of my mirror, with more to come
here and there, no doubt. If you're struggling away
trying to see what you can't see, then you might find some joy with a
similar approach. I hope so.

Cheers,

Marcus.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Want to succeed in small business? -- Join our very popular newsletter
Puzzle

Pieces today! Just enter your email address below and click Subscribe
Me ?

Your Email Address:

This Email template was constructed by Universal Webs, designers of
the new Jigsor website and contributors

of weekly tech tips to Jigsor website members. Visit them at
www.universalwebs.com.au, or phone 3219 9565.