Re: Re: Elemental Correspondance

Message 01318 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> On the other hand of things, the elemental correspondences that you
posit do make some sense. Allbeit primarily upon an intellectual level
and not really upon an intuitive level. <<

I find absolutely no fault in what you have said except as it relates
specifically to the connection between the physical senses, the soul
mirror and the Step Two sensory concentration exercises. When you put
these three factors together and relate them to the original question of
the relationship between difficulties with the sensory concentrations
and the soul mirror issues, the correspondences are somewhat different
than they are for the senses of the mental body. I base this statement,
and my list of correspondences, upon several years experience counseling
students about these very issues. It has been my experience that these
correspondences are functionally correct in this specific instance.

I don't mean to be argumentative, and I know you don't either, but since
the list of correspondences that I gave is so counter-intuitive, I feel
that it's important to explain its relevance to the Step Two work. If
the student uses the correspondences that you suggested, the result will
be unproductive when trying to make a connection between difficulties
with the sensory concentration exercises and soul mirror issues.