Re: Re: Elemental Correspondance and a New Question

Message 01321 of 3835

Hello there, I´m from Curitiba - South of Brasil and have been reading the
messages in the list for about a week now. I´ve just beginned the study of
the hermetics science - just restarted the ITH (it takes a long time to
understand the initials - some of them remains unninteligible).

I am writing this message to post my oppinion about reincarnation and
previous lifetimes.
Now im talking as a buddhist more than as an "hermetic wannabe".

Kurt, one thing to remember is that karma means action, and it is related to
every action done. I like to think in karma as a giant scale where
everything is putted on one side or another, and illumination is when the
scale is too unballanced to the "good" side that the "bad" side pour down.

About remembering previous lifetimes... it could be usefull, knowing certain
things done in the past is a good way to learn with previous mistakes (more
life remembered, more mistakes)
On buddhism there is some practice to remember the past lives.

and answering your questions... deppends
could be on a second or in many lifetimes, but someday it will happen to
every living being.

Talking about karma I want to tell you a thing that is spoken a lot in
buddhism

"We have to be very pleased to know that if we are practicing we have
acumulated a lot of good karma"
Think about it, how many people in the world have condition to practice?

sory about the bad english
see you
eduardo

> This brings me onto another question. If one still owes negative karma
from many previous lifetimes, how does one work it all off?

> And how long does it take? A lifetime? Many more?
> Any ideas please?
>
> Take care,
> Kurt

Main Index | Thread Index