Re: Backups of Bardon Yahoo Groups

Message 01388 of 3835

Hello everyone,

I have a program called YGrip which allows me to rip the contents of a Yahoo!
Group and store it as a unix mailbox-format file. The bad news is that means it
will be limited to text format, but precious few messages here are html. The
good news is, that a decent mail program can import mail archives (I've tried
doing so with a sample of 100 messages), and they appear as normal emails.

Unfortunately I'm on a 56k connection so it will take a while for me to rip the
entire contents of BardonPraxis, and this program is not PC-compatible, so I've
done some searching for alternate programs:

"Yahoo! Downloader" at
http://www.geocities.com/cocybab/ and "Yahoo Groups Attachment Downloader",
at http://www.tekker.com/TekkerSoft.aspx

I'm not sure if these are only for grabbing attachments or actual messages, so
I'll leave it up to others to check.

Regards
Conn

Main Index | Thread Index