Re: Backups of Bardon Yahoo Groups

Message 01390 of 3835

Dear Antiloop1111, et al,

>> Rawn's recent email crash on his personal computer reminded me again
that perhaps it would be a good idea to ask if anybody here has bothered
to investigate a way to backup all the messages on these Yahoo Groups
periodically? <<

Thank you for bringing this up! :)

I did look into it superficially, a while back, when I first started
BardonPraxis and became an official "Moderator". The moderator's menu
is quite a bit different than the regular members page. Unfortunately,
there no provision for me to download the stored archive of messages,
other than going through, page by page and copying them all.

I've very pleased to hear that there's software that will do this
automatically. I have not, as somebody suggested, kept copies of all
the messages from any of the discussion groups. I'd have to buy a
separate computer just to store them all! ;-) Besides, the time it
would take to keep track of all that is not worth it to me personally.

But on the other hand, I share in the feeling that it would be sad if
all of that was ever lost in some sort of yahoo-wide mega-crash.