Re: Backups of Bardon Yahoo Groups

Message 01393 of 3835

> I've very pleased to hear that there's software that will do
> this automatically. I have not, as somebody suggested, kept
> copies of all the messages from any of the discussion groups.

I have copies that range quite far back. I also created a simple
program that plows through a yahoo groups list and extracts the
messages. It would have to be modified slightly to work now as the
groups interface has changed slightly, but I'm sure that would be
doable, if necessary.

> But on the other hand, I share in the feeling that it would be
> sad if all of that was ever lost in some sort of yahoo-wide
> mega-crash.

I also made a private search engine for a database that includes
the Yahoo spiritual groups I have been subscribed to over the
years, including FranzBardonMagi and BardonPraxis. It could be
made public if yahoo somehow topples over.

I'm sure many people keep similar archives, so no worries... :-)

Kindly,
Severian

Main Index | Thread Index