Re: Re: Karmic Releases

Message 01401 of 3835

Dear Rawn:

Thanks for your comments in respect to Karmic lessons and how we need to look
for the answer internally. I once asked my brother what he learned from a
certain experience. I expected some profound answer, but he said, "I learned
never to do that again". He said it in a joking manner, but it meant much to
me. Through the law of cause and effect, the chickens come home to roost. If we
never learn anything else then just, "never to do that again", it will be a
tremendous discovery. If I continue to react emotionally to a similar situation
or circumstance in the same old way, without seeing the opportunity to allow a
shift in consciousness to occur, I will be initiating a cause that will most
definitely have the same old effect or perhaps a new one. If I can see each
circumstance that stimulates a reactive emotion in me as an opportunity for
spiritual growth, then I am on the right path of self discovery.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Robert

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:
Dear Jason,

>> Can I ask: how might one identify the lesson inherent in a physical
ailment or dis-ease? <<

The most common way is by living through it! ;-) Seriously, even when
we don't approach them as a lesson, we still learn something from the
experiencing of them.

The question then becomes one of, how much is learned and is it a
sufficient amount that we won't experience the return of the disease?
For example, I know a woman who had breast cancer and went through a
partial radical mastectomy. This got rid of the cancer in that breast
and in the rest of her body. She returned to a normal life. About two
years later, she developed a tumor in her other breast. It wasn't until
the return of the cancer that she began looking at the idea that perhaps
there was some sort of life-lesson involved. Not long after the removal
of her second breast (I think it was about mid-way in her follow-up
radiation and chemo therapy), she began to understand the lessons that
this situation was trying to communicate. That was almost 10 years ago
now and she remains cancer free.

The way to discover the karmic lessons inherent to any significant life
event is to engage in a deeply introspective examination of yourself in
relation to the event. An important step in this process is to embrace
the event as containing a valuable lesson that you will benefit from
learning. Most of us will resist an event that is perceived as negative
(such as disease) and focus all of our attention on getting rid of it,
instead of learning from it; and with extremely positive events we are
usually so emotionally involved that we don't even think to look for a
lesson, so this acceptance of it is essential to break that human habit.
When you embrace a negative event, such as a disease, as an opportunity
to advance yourself, you change your relationship with it in such a way
that the event then readily reveals the karmic lesson to you. But of
course, you must listen internally for the answers! :)