Re: Broken my practice, advice needed1

Message 01407 of 3835

Dear Ulthagus.

Being in the same boat as yourself (constantly stopping and starting)
I should hope you haven't incurred Karmic penalties, as I'll be doomed
for eternity. :)

If it's possible, you may wish to divulge a little of your path to
your housemates/family. If you say it's meditation (which is what I
do), you can get the privacy and quiet you need without having people
looking at you as if you are mad, since you're studying Hermetics.

Also, don't feel guilty. These things happen. Make sure they don't
happen again. But don't associate Hermetics with guilt. See it as an
exciting opportunity for growth. This way you'll consciously choose
to do it, and you'll find yourself increasingly dedicated.
Hope this helps.

Take care,
Kurt

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "uthlagus" <r.litchfield@v...> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Please advise me: I have been practising IIH, step one, a few weeks
> into it, and had to stop, against all inclination - holidays, then a
> major move of home, with no privacy or time to practice. have kept up
> some of the practice like mindfulness and blessing food, water, etc,
> but feel bad that I have had to break off. I am reading IIH, and have
> sent for Rawn's Companion to Bardon, but what karmic penalties have I
> incurred. Any comments helpful.
>
> Uthlagus the guilt-ridden

Main Index | Thread Index