Emerald tablet and the tetrepolar magnet

Message 01422 of 3835

 Figured i'd post some ideas that were bouncing around my head,
be good to get it all writen down ( and make sure im not way off
base )

I was reading some translations of the Emerald Tablet of Hermes, and
thought that it might help me understand the theory section of IIH
better ( ok...Bardon starting out the theory section with a quote
from it was a little hint..) Basicaly what i got was this:

Everything came from the one, which im taking to mean the Akasa,
since Bardon says that all the elements came from it. Next the
tablet says that the Sun was the father of the one, and its mother
was the moon, which seemed odd at first since you cant give birth to
your parents, but I think the Sun represents fire and the Moon
represents water. The male force is active, female receptive, and
also in my version bardon says " ... must have been fire and light,
and in the Bible we read: "Fiat Lux" ? There shall be
light. The origin of the light, of course, is to be sought in the
fire. " about the element of fire, so that reminded me of the sun.

next the tablet says that wind only carried the one, and it was
never suggested that it played a more active role, so through a
briliant leap of deductive reasoning i asociated the element of wind
with the 'wind' refered to in the tablet. In some versions of the
tablet it also says that earth caried the one, but when it does it
syas that it carried it within its breast, and the other
translations say that the earth nourished the one. So i think that
the carried here means two different things for each, the carried
for the wind meaning more like it carrying the one along between the
elements, and for earth meaning carried and nutured inside of it,
like the spirit inside of gross matter, the subtle in the gross or
the 3 elements interacting to create the 4th one and the tetrepolar
magnet.

after that it talks about seperating the fire from the earth/subtle
from the gross, and many other metaphors for the alchemical process.
so what i took that to mean in relation to IIH was the process of
working on refining the elements. From there the tablet talks about
a ascending to the uper and coming back down to the lower, and the
subtle and gross joined together to become one. I have next to none
experience with the later steps in IIH, so ill leave that as is.

Now that its all writen out it dosent seem that much of a leap of
logic...just hope i took the right leaps. Eh, looking at the tablet
and comparing it to the tetrepolar magnet helped me get a little
insight into how the elements work together anyway..you know,
actualy, i think Bardon's theory section helped me make sense of the
tablet and not the other way around. Some translations made less
sense than my posts ( at least to me anyway ). Well, feel free to
tear apart my logic, shouldnt be too hard.

Main Index | Thread Index