Re: TMO and MPE

Message 01428 of 3835

Dear 'mj',

>> I have been working of late with the TMO exercises and have been
finding them to be very useful, suprisingly so. <<

Cool! :)

>> First, TMO reminds me quite a bit of the Middle Pillar exercise
(MPE), <<

Yes, they do share some similarities.

>> I suppose this is a long, drawn out and complicated way of asking:
should TMO and MPE be practiced together, and indeed, is it wise or
unwise to explore other Hermetic techniques (for instance, the
Kabbalistic Cross)? <<

They are compatible with each other.

>> 1. What is the difference between the I am ("ani") in TMO and the I
am that I am ("eheyeh") in the MPE? Why the different words to establish
Kether? <<

"AHIH" is a VERY complex word/phrase that means far more than the usual
English translation implies. It is also a Name of G-d for Kether.
"ANI" on the other hand, is a fairly simple declarative statement of "I
am". With TMO, one is declaring that one IS Kether, one is not merely
naming it or invoking it. Ultimately, the utterance of the "Ani" is a
rise of one's own center of conscious awareness to the level of The
Unity / Kether -- using AHIH for this would be inappropriate..

>> 2. Why does TMO establish the center of Tifereth at the solar
plexus, rather than the heart? <<

In most human bodies, the heart is placed to the left of center. ;-)
The solar plexus is the proper positioning for visualizing Tiphareth.

>> Would it be unwise to focus it on the heart? <<

To focus it upon the heart itself, especially to accumulate energy
within the organ itself, is unwise. However, if you focus upon the
general area of the center of your chest, you'll be just fine.