Re: Sensory - Step 3

Message 01458 of 3835

Dear Alan,

>> I have a question about the sensory exercises of Step 3 in IIH.
Bardon states that from his example the student can create exercises
of his own. He gives the example of a ticking clock where
visualization and auditory are used. Is the student to combine all
senses? <<

The idea here is to combine two or more senses creatively. Of course,
one must use a bit of sense in deciding which senses to employ. Bardon
does not mean that the student must use all five senses at once
(although when the opportunity arises, it's a good idea).

>> In Rawn's commentary, he says what I would think is correct,
that one breathes in, contemplates, and the exhales the element out
of the body. I'm fairly certain that is the correct practice, but I
don't want to short change myself if its not :) <<

:) Well, all I can do is repeat myself. You must exhale exactly as
much as you inhaled, once you are through with your contemplation. It
is unwise to retain an accumulation of an Element for an extended period
of time, especially before you have developed the astral Equilibrium of
the Elements.

>> Oh, and just an after thought, should the vacany exercise still be
practiced at Step 3? Not that it would hurt to do it anyways, but
just curious. <<

Yes! Please see http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Continue.html