Re: a madhouse

Message 01457 of 3835

Dear Stu,

>> In the step 1 observing thoughts exercise I get a picture. I know I
shouldnt think or judge here, but "something" thinks and observes, and,
while observing the stream of... whatever one should call it, this
"something" says,: "This is a madhouse. If this stuff would be visible
yourself, and others, you would be called a lunatic."
It seems a big part of us, or at least me, is stark raving mad. At least
not sane. This Homo sapiens thing is quite an exaggaration. <<

The amazing thing is that we are, generally, capable of suppressing that
aspect of the lower mind and are capable of functioning in public
without embarrassing ourselves overly much. ;-) Everyone you meet has
the same continuous internal dialogue happening, yet we have all tacitly
agreed to not mention such things in public.

Many mental diseases can be defined as an absence of the natural ability
to suppress the lower mind in a "normal" way.