Sensory - Step 3

Message 01455 of 3835

I have a question about the sensory exercises of Step 3 in IIH.
Bardon states that from his example the student can create exercises
of his own. He gives the example of a ticking clock where
visualization and auditory are used. Is the student to combine all
senses? Such as:
vis - auditory
vis - smell
vis - taste
vis - tactile

However after those, the exercises (if we take the over-analytical
approach ;) ) would be to have auditory - tactile, which makes no
sense whatsoever. You can't hear cold and feel it at the same time,
well I suppose you can, but its a very strange combination. So are
the exercises more to be a combination of visualization with the
others?

I have another question, but I believe I know the answer. In the
psychic exercises, Bardon states that one breathes in the elements, 7
breaths to start with. Then the student contemplates the feeling of
the element etc. Then Bardon goes on the talk about exhaling the
element out of the body. This seems to say that the student is to
inhale the element first, conetmplate it and then go about his
business. And then, after mastering the breathing in of the element,
is the student to practice exhaling the element. Intuitively, this
seems wrong to me, so I believe I'm reading a little too much for
detail. In Rawn's commentary, he says what I would think is correct,
that one breathes in, contemplates, and the exhales the element out
of the body. I'm fairly certain that is the correct practice, but I
don't want to short change myself if its not :)

Oh, and just an after thought, should the vacany exercise still be
practiced at Step 3? Not that it would hurt to do it anyways, but
just curious.

All Will Go Well,

-- Alan

Main Index | Thread Index