On the nature of a Idea

Message 01488 of 3835

Hello

My name is Eric, another french man present on this exellent discussion group.

I have been reading the posts for quite a few months, started to practice step
one.

I have a disturbing question about the nature of an idea.

Breathing of a idea for a start.

I do notice several layers in what we call a idea. First, the very sound ofit,
the prononciation in one's mind. Then will come maybe the quality of it, the
differents sensations it can produce (will that be the personal meaning we give
it, according to our conditioning, education...?) and after, maybe, if lucky
the actual meaning, or intention behind the word and sensations.

I find all to often reciting a sound but missing the actual idea beyond it in
most of the practices. (Breathing, impregnation, mastery of thougth) andnot
being able to relate to meaning as i maybe should in order to impregnate or
create a significant change. (meditating upon peace and realising it is
something not known to me, or is it?)

Am I aiming to far concerning thoses exercices? (as i realise it could takea
lifetime to understand the meaning behind a word like Peace, or the multitudes
layers of meaning).

Any help or comments will be greatly apreciated.

Eric

ps: a special thank to Rawn Clark for all your dedication in helping us.