Re: EOM and Music Question

Message 01629 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "metaphysics0000"
<crispinp@a...> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> In regards to the Emptiness of Mind Meditation, I was wondering how
> one goes about stopping mental music and mental videos from
playing.
> I can stop thought fairly easily, but I can only seem to get
temporary
> relief from struggling to stop the song stuck in me head, and then
EOM
> becomes more of a one-pointedness exercise -
> Any suggestions are welcome!
> Thanks All,

I would suggest not "struggling" so much, but more like letting
them go. ( sound familiar? thats cause it works! :) ) Of course
thats easier said then done. Did you have the same problems with
sound and pictures when you were just observing your thoughts in the
begining? Im guessing if you did, it was less than the problems your
having now, since ( for me anyway ) EOM isnt like smacking away all
my thoughts, but like a combination of the first 2 exercises, being
one pointed on nothing, and just hanging back and leting it happen
and not geting involved like the observation of thought exercise.
Got kinda off track here. What im trying to say is that a thought is
a thought, and it might be that since a sound and a picture is more
enticing to think about and ponder its harder to put aside. But the
main key for EOM for me was practice, practice, practice, since the
more you do it, the better you get at it. So certain things may be
harder to get out of your head, but eventualy, with consistent
practice, this exercise just ges easier and easier, thoughts come
less and less, until you got it. Hope this helped.

Main Index | Thread Index