Re: Book 231 and Bardon

Message 01639 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> Book 231 describes the decent from the Atziluthic state of existence
down through Briah, Yetzirah and finially into the state of Assiah.
Paying special attention to the realms of Briah and Yetzirah. I
understand the reason for not including Atziluth within this work as, as
to my knowledge, there is no representation of the Tree of Life at this
stage of creation. Yet I do not understand why Assaiah is not
represented within this work as represented by the conception of the
tree of life as preented by the Ari? <<

To quote from the Introduction:
"As the Creator enters and enlivens the Hebrew Tree, the 231 Gates
of Formation are generated, descending into and filling Yetzirah.
Passage through these gates gives Form to the Creator's force -- a Form
to which material substance will naturally and automatically adhere.
This fulfills the second cycle of 231 -- Formation.
"The filling of Yetzirah accomplishes two things. First, it
results, automatically, in a material manifestation (Assiah). Second, it
generates the 231 Gates of Yetziratic Redemption (also know as the 231
Gates of Initiation)."

In other words, there are not 231 Gates of Making because Assiah occurs
simultaneous with the fulfillment of Yetzirah and is not a separate
process.

In the full version of BOOK 231 which I've issued as a data CD, I do
make use of the Ari Tree in an alternate presentation of the 231 Gates
of Initiation. I also offer the same cycle using the Western Tree, but
these are presented only as a concession to those who adhere to the use
of those two popular images of the Tree.

The Ari Tree is not creative -- it depicts the *result* of the creative
process. Each Gate in all of the cycles of 231, even the redemptive
cycles, follow the creative sequence of emanation from "highest" to
"lowest". This means that even though I do offer an alternate version
of the 231 Gates of Initiation using the Ari Tree, it's not really
valid.

>> Now, the work of Book 231 is split into two seperate works: that of
creation, the decent of force into form, and that of initiation, the
breaking of form so that it might acend into force once again. The work
of IIH primarily seems to concern itself with the work of initiation and
acention and integration of the paths and gates into the self to
accuratly represent the macrocosm of the divine within
the microcosm of the self. Which makes me wonder if performing this work
is redundant given that one is working through the steps of IIH, or
would it be much more of a specific integration of these concepts into
the self. <<

Since we are creatures of Assiah, we begin with Yetziratic Redemption /
Initiation. As you know, initiation is not *just* ascent/redemption.
It also involves "mini-recreations". Each stage of ascent must be
creatively integrated into the existing structure in order for true
redemption to occur. This is why each of the redemptive Gates follows
the *creative* sequence of emanation from "highest" to "lowest", within
an overall redemptive sequence of ascent from "lowest" to "highest".
This exact same orientation is seen in the Work of IIH.

>> When one looks at the works of PME and KTQ the inverse is applicable.
One is working on the decent of form into force once more as a creative
act of divinity. In KTQ one learns how to express each Letter
subsequently within all four realms; akashic/atziluthic, ,
mental/briatic, astral/yetziric, and physical/assaiah. PME expresses
both an acent and a decent; first an acent to a specific sphere and then
the drawing it down into mental, astral and finially physical density.
<<

Yet these works are part of the Briatic Redemption and the creative
descent you note is an aspect of the "mini-recreation" which is integral
to ascent. The true creative descent (first and second cycles of 231)
comes much later, after one has completely mastered PME and KTQ and
their techniques are taken to a higher level than Bardon indicated.

>> So, I guess I'm asking is, "How will doing this work enrich my
experience and abilities within Kabbalah and Evocation?" <<

If nothing else, it will help you put the work of IIH, PME and KTQ into
perspective with the context of the *four* cycles. It would also
increase the solidity and profundity of the "mini-recreations" and of
your overall ascent.

You might also find it very enjoyable. :)