Re: Instant Zen School

Message 01641 of 3835

 "severian4" <ab@s...> wrote:

> What I got out of zen was some kind of total defiance/disrespect
> towards current reality. Zen became a "game" destroyer! As you
> wrote, zen says its illusion, all of it.

It's almost disappointing, when being told that all possible
delights and interests in worldly things are simply illusions to be
avoided, or more accurately, *transcended*. That can certainly seem
like a "game destroyer" as you say, and the fact that I'm
disappointed probably speaks volumes about my *own* degree of
ripeness (or lack thereof ;)). Perhaps the "Direct Path" (bypassing
magical development) to conscious union with Divinity is for the
few, ripe-enough seekers ready to renounce the "maya" of the world,
and devote their life to the ultimate goal of Divine Union.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it, to be cliche.

To use Mouni Sadhu again as an example, it was through his works
that I was turned on to the works of Sri Maharshi. And it was
through Draja Mickaharic and his book "Practice of Magic" that I was
turned on to Sadhu. "Concentration" is recommended by Mickaharic
for concentration and visualization exercises, to be the foundation
of future magical work. It's ironic though, because
in "Concentration," Sadhu tries to steer the participant as far away
from "occult" and "magic"-related use of the "newly-won" powers
derived from the exercises, and to the ultimate goal of Samadhi. If
not confusing, I felt especially guilty after attempting some of the
exercises. The second I start to indulge my interest in magic-
*BAM*... Sadhu is in the back of my head going, *tssk tsssk
tskkk*. ;)

> all being illusion can be
> a very seductive noose if taken as a life-path.

I agree, and think that perhaps a more balanced development via a
system like Bardon's would eliminate that problem. That's not to
say that those ripe enough to follow a more Zen-like path shouldn't
do it. I guess people have different callings.

> ...cuz some will use zen as an excuse for disassociation, rather
>than go out in the world and use zen on the problems they face.
>This is the danger I see, anyway.

Without the soul mirror work especially of IIH, I can totally see
the potential for disassociation, and zen becomes an excuse for any
kind of antisocial behavior. How is one to know that these
tendencies could be buried within them without the soul mirror work
in the first place?!

Best-
Devin

Main Index | Thread Index