Re: Instant Zen School

Message 01637 of 3835

> I suppose that there are unique paths for different people, and
> ultimately one has to find their own path. I'd be interested in
> hearing what others have to say on this. Is it almost "dangerous"
> to follow a strictly mental "Zen" path, as our Eastern friends have
> done for years, due to the risk of imbalance? Or does imbalance
> even come into play when one's ascent is more Zen-based instead of
> Hermetically-based?

Great question! I see zen not so much a path as an attitude.

I believe that choosing games where one has a fair chance of winning
seems like the fastest way to evolve spiritually.

I get the feeling that Zen as a PATH might not be doable unless
you are already advanced enough. Kinda like starting off at bardon
level 41. =))

That is my personal opinion, I guess people have very different
ideas about what zen is.

Personally I get more out of Rawn's archaeous healing series than
I've gotten out of any other spiritual practice. That is because
I have a capacity for knowing truth only as far as my nose reaches.
Anything further than that nose is an attempt to create truth by
thinking. Its mental masturbation, smoke and mirrors.

What I got out of zen was some kind of total defiance/disrespect
towards current reality. Zen became a "game" destroyer! As you
wrote, zen says its illusion, all of it.

The trouble with that idea, imo, is that all being illusion can be
a very seductive noose if taken as a life-path.

...cuz some will use zen as an excuse for disassociation, rather than
go out in the world and use zen on the problems they face. This is
the danger I see, anyway. There is no way of experiencing our vices
and virtues if we don't dare to set our energy in motion.

A zen attitude with intent, on the other hand, totally rocks.

> In a more abstract sense, do we incarnate to "Western" and
> "Eastern" circumstances based on the nature of our past inner
> work?

Nothing happens by chance. =))

Best regards,
Severian