Re: mind chatter : what plane ?

Message 01653 of 3835

Dear MJ,

>>>How so? What purpose does it serve? From the looks of it, it seems
that the chattering mind is in a pathological state, and that
its "natural" state would be calmer; much like a calm pond compared
one that is ravaged by a storm; especially as many have pointed out,
the mind tends to calm when you stop struggling with it and "let go"
of thoughts. Are we causing it to calm, or simply allowing it the
freedom and space it needs to blossom?<<<

>From my understanding, mental chatter is, in part, a by product of a
civilization in which a physical form of speach is our predominat
language. In order to communicate with another person, typically, we
have to put our abstract thoughts and ideas down into physical words
so that another person can understand them. Having been programmed to
communicate in this manner with every person that you meet develops a
tendency to communicate with the self in such a manner. This does
not, however, preclude the possibility of communicating with the self
upon a purely abstract level of essential meaning.

When I am conversing with myself, attempting to solve a problem,
write and essay, or some other such thing, I will very often find
myself looking at the gestaltic whole of the subject that I am
concentrating upon while fumbling for the words to put these
perceptions down into coherent, logical, finite sentences. If I
memrely communicate with myself in an attempt to solve such problems
upon the level of mental chatter, talking to myself, these
difficulties lessen slightly. The mode of mental conversation, be it
in the form of symbol, essential meaning, or words, seems to be
primarily dependent upon the end goal of where that idea is going to
be expressed: internally or externally.

This, of course, only holds for communication between you average
human beings. Communication between scholars that have developed the
astral senses, as well as communication between the scholar and a
spirit is another matter alltogether. One of which Rawn has discussed
in depth on his website.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index