Re: mind chatter : what plane ?

Message 01663 of 3835

Dear forestofsymbols ~

What you say is in my mind very clear.

How does one focus the Higher Self while the Infant keeps screaming
for comfort and reassurance?

If you look at it from the perspective of what I like to call "the
Flow", which basically is the collective consciousness of humanity in
its association with the collective evolution with Divine Providence,
then the neverending flow of thoughts could be seen as the radio-
frequency of that very Flow.

Now how does one succeed in evolving beyond the collective norm while
under the influence of this beast? Simple : One doesn't. One learns
to let the screaming infant go on its tantrum, and attends to the
business at hand. First step is learning to disassociate oneself from
it so that it doesn't obstruct. The screaming infant may then silence
on its own and maybe learn a thing or two, or it may not. Eventually
it must, so why bother with it.

this is the goal of the first step of thought control and unless I am
completely mistaken, also the point that Rawn is trying to make.

Well met
Vovin

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "forestofsymbols"
<forestofsymbols@y...> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Please rest assured that I am not splitting hairs or
> playing "Devil's Advocate" nor is my mind made up, so to speak. I
> think this is an important point because it is fundamental, and may
> color our future development. It is especially important because
in
> this field as much as any, the danger of self-delusion is high.
>
> The principle in most religions seems to be that we are
currently
> in a fallen or deviant states. In Christianity/Judaism, this is
> illustrated by the Fall; in Buddhism, by being caught up in
illusion.
> I believe it is beginning to realize this in ourselves that brings
us
> to the Work to begin with. I remember very clearly the moment that
> decided not only was the way things were horribly wrong, but that I
> would actually do something about it. When the Israelites first
went
> to the Holy Land, it was full of enemies. When Jesus came with new
> wine, he found old wineskins.
>
> The "order of creation" tells me (I say tells me because I do
not
> know enough to clearly say this is objective; it might very well be
> subjective to me) of the way out. In the Qabala, they speak of the
> tzim-tzum- before God could create, He first had to create a space
> for creation. In Genesis, darkness precedes the day. Many
alchemists
> speak of nigredo, blackening, as the first step. The Hebrew
alphabet
> begins not with a consonant, but an Aleph. Before a word can be
> spoken, there must be silence. With my experiences with Bardon,
this
> begins with "observation of thought." I have thought of this for a
> long time, but only recently have I been able to understand it.
> Without the *full* realization of this first step, everything that
> comes after is poisoned, useless, delusional. There are many
scribes
> amd Pharisees around, both within and without.
>
> Mental chatter, the monkey, the incessant chattering of the mind
> is no less than one of the enemies of Israel, an illusionist, an
idol
> maker. Biblically speaking, idolatry is one of the most dangerous
and
> guarded acts of sin. The second commandment prohibits not simply
the
> worship of false idols, but the *making* of them. We all know that
> for most people, mental chatter is common. But so was idolatry
among
> the Israelites.
>
> mj

Main Index | Thread Index