Re: A nice, sweet, mental sleep.

Message 01682 of 3835

Dear Stu,

>> I think is is a different thing, though. EOM, as I understand it,
requires a willing and a doing. (Maybe "holding" might be a better word,
and holding off.) It does not just come to you, doesn't "happen".
The state I refer to is devoid of holding and also doing. Some initial
willing is required, though. Thoughts are not held, not stopped, not
observed (a doing). Life is just... happening. I would describe is as a
strong opposite to busybody-ism.
Or maybe I misunderstood EOM? I see it requiring a lot of will and
effort. <<

This is a common mis-conception of EOM and the one which makes achieving
EOM difficult for many folks. True EOM is a completely passive state
although it does require "some initial willing" to *attain*. Within the
EOM, there is BEing and perceiving, but there is no 'doing' or 'willing'
in the mundane sense. It can become an *active* state but this activity
is not the same as mundane 'willing' and 'doing'.

If you are willing and doing then your mind is not empty of thought. :)