Re: A running thought -- End of Thread..WAIT first

Message 01701 of 3835

Dear Jeremy,

> I am wondering why even though the IIH is a
> magical
> system, so little practical magickal work is really done till so
> late?

I disagree. A lot of practical magical work is done in the beginning.
By taking control of the Mind, by self introspection, and by the
physical exercises in Step I, if done properly, can help one in the
"real world". You have to start with youself in magic. As bardon says,
get your own house in order.

>And
> what about facing internal fears and finding your own true path? If
> nothing
> is really true and all that is done is really internal work, then why
> bother
> in the first place? I hope i'm not being to offensive but after
> practicing
> the IIH for quite a while and being faced with real life problems, i
> am
> feeling lost.

We all come across the feeling of being lost, like something is failing
us, etc, but if you really believe in something and endure, you find
the answers.

> There is so much suffering and stuff in the world,
> where do we
> as magicians fit in? Do we help, do we ignore?

Firstly by holding the vision for a brigher world, have faith that
humanity will grow out of ignorance and into harmony, understanding and
compassion. Then do your bit where you can, sponsor a child, volunteer
for charities if you can, buy toys for an underprivliged kid (or kids)
at xmas, etc.

> Also if hermetics and
> the iih
> is supposed to be a universal path towards understanding and using
> magic,
> can a starving 6 year old in somalia use and practice it? It seems
> extremely
> like the IIH is only for rich or mediocre wealth people with quite a
> bit of
> time on their hands. If a single mother of 3 wanted to practice the
> IIH, she
> wouldn't be able too without neglecting some aspect of her life. So
> how can
> hermetics be truly universal?

It is a universal path. I belive that the mass of humanity is still
not ready to learn a magical system like Bardons. While everyone is
equal, not everyone is equal in spiritual development. If someone is
interested in IIH they will find a way to be resourceful and practice
it.

Blessings,
PAUL

=====