Re: A running thought -- End of Thread..WAIT first

Message 01700 of 3835

Dear Rawn,
But you haven't answered my question. At least help me along a little before closing the thread. I am wondering why even though the IIH is a magical system, so little practical magickal work is really done till so late? And what about facing internal fears and finding your own true path? If nothing is really true and all that is done is really internal work, then why bother in the first place? I hope i'm not being to offensive but after practicing the IIH for quite a while and being faced with real life problems, i am feeling lost. There is so much suffering and stuff in the world, where do we as magicians fit in? Do we help, do we ignore? Also if hermetics and the iih is supposed to be a universal path towards understanding and using magic, can a starving 6 year old in somalia use and practice it? It seems extremely like the IIH is only for rich or mediocre wealth people with quite a bit of time on their hands. If a single mother of 3 wanted to practice the IIH, she wouldn't be able too without neglecting some aspect of her life. So how can hermetics be truly universal? And also, Bardon mentions many times to remain in the real world and not seclude yourself from this. How does that work? By practicing the IIH i have come to have a different view on life and our societies and it is often very difficult to keep a normalised view on things. Help?

From
Jeremy

Find love on MSN Personals http://personals.msn.com.sg/

Main Index | Thread Index