Re: A running thought -- End of Thread..WAIT first

Message 01703 of 3835

Dear Jeremy,

>> But you haven't answered my question. At least help me along a little
before closing the thread. <<

The main reason why I didn't "answer your question" is because I don't
engage in trying to pursuade some one that Bardonian Hermetics is a
"better" path. That's a very personal valuation and some one else's
decision in that regard is none of *my* business. Those are things that
*you* must decide for yourself.

The only thought I had in response to your original post was to ask
*you*, "If that's how you feel then why are you pursuing IIH?"

>> I am wondering why even though the IIH is a magical system, so little
practical magickal work is really done till so late? <<

To my mind, if some one working on Step Three is asking this question
then they have not penetrated the work very deeply. To my ear, this
question says that you have not taken the initiative to create ways of
applying all the many things and techniques contained within the first
two Steps. And it also says that your definition of "practical
magickal work" is very superficial and limited to *only* altering your
external reality. In my opinion, THE MOST practical application of
magic is found in the altering of your own *internal* reality.

>> And what about facing internal fears and finding your own true path?
<<

Well, what about it? Why haven't you done these things? The Soul
Mirror work and the Step Two and Three work of character transformation
should directly lead you into an awareness of, and confrontation of,
your fears. If they don't then you're certainly not going deeply enough
into the practice, because this *IS* an aspect of the Mirror work. And
"finding your own true path" is something that *you* must do, regardless
of what system you're following and it's not something you do all at
once -- a "true" path is a constantly evolving thing. It's not
something you "find" -- it's something you *create* for yourself.

>> If nothing is really true and all that is done is really internal
work, then why bother in the first place? <<

Your assumption here that "nothing is really true", is really quite
disturbing. If that is what you believe, then indeed, why bother at
all?

>> I hope i'm not being to offensive but after practicing the IIH for
quite a while and being faced with real life problems, i am feeling
lost. There is so much suffering and stuff in the world, where do we as
magicians fit in? Do we help, do we ignore? <<

This is not a question that should be asked in the "we". This is a
question you must ask of *yourself*. *You* must decide if, in the face
of suffering, do *you* help or do *you* ignore? This is a question that
each human being must ask themselves, whether they are a magician or
not.

>> Also if hermetics and the iih is supposed to be a universal path
towards understanding and using magic, can a starving 6 year old in
somalia use and practice it? It seems extremely like the IIH is only for
rich or mediocre wealth people with quite a bit of time on their hands.
If a single mother of 3 wanted to practice the IIH, she wouldn't be able
too without neglecting some aspect of her life. So how can hermetics be
truly universal? <<

You're kidding, right? You don't really think that "universal", in this
context, means that everyone will want to, or be able to, pursue it, do
you? If I was a starving six year old Somalian or a single mother of
three, Hermetics would be the last thing on my mind. ;-)

>> And also, Bardon mentions many times to remain in the real world and
not seclude yourself from this. How does that work? By practicing the
IIH i have come to have a different view on life and our societies and
it is often very difficult to keep a normalised view on things. <<

The practice of IIH should not lead you to an *alienated* point of view.
It should not leave you feeling that the rest of the world is pointless,
stupid or worthless. These are not manifestations of balance. Instead,
it should lead you to find ways of living in the real world with a
non-normalized perspective on things. Be creative!