Re: Free will and magic

Message 01715 of 3835

Hello Mark:

You wrote, "I am aware that this arguement can be used as the perfect cop-out
for
anything, but I think it's also a necessary realisation for ascendence."

I think the Christain cross is a good symbol, in which the answer to your
question about free will may be found amd this realisation for ascendence.
There are two lines to the cross, one horizontal and the other vertical, as you
probably know. We could see the vertical line as being the involutional process
or the level of mechanical function or the habitual level of human
consciousness.

This is actually a state of unconsciousness, where there is no choice or free
will. Individuals function based upon the well known stimulus-response
mechanism. We might think we have a choice and free will, but our emotional
reaction to an environmental stimulus is on the horizontal level. If one
continues on this level, s/he eventually goes down and out. Energy is
dissipated at this level and one has no choice at that level. The attitude "why
me, Lord" becomes another habitual expression and based upon one's lack of
understanding of the law of Cause and Effect. We are much more familar with the
horizontal level than the vertical ascendent.

The vertical ascendent line is the place of choice and free will, because here
there is consciousness at a higher level of being. When one starts out on the
vertical ascendent, there is a much different experience as a result of that.
Things of a higher nature and quality comes down the vertical line and
materalizes on the physical level, the horizontal line. One begins to act in a
conscious manner to external stimuli and one's expression is appropriate to the
situation. It is not a mechanical reaction.

I think one of the most difficult things to overcome is our habitual emotional
whatever captures our attention in any given moment. We can become lost in the
movie we are watching or the book we are reading or the person we are
identifying with. When we do this, immediately in a flash, we are on the
horizontal descendent line.

I think the Bardon system, through the steps, inspires one to step off the
horizontal line, the path of least resistance, onto the vertical line of
ascension, which really requires a great deal of effort. This alone deters
those curiosity seekers who do not want to make any personal effort to improve
themselves, but just want things handed to them on a silver platter.

Even as far back as early Christian days, the question was asked, "Who shall
ASCEND into the hill of the Lord?" Who is willing to step off the horizontal
path onto the vertical ascendent? That's the big question?

Thank you Mark for using the word "ascendence". It really opened things up for
me. A lot of personal questions arose in me.

Robert

mark towse <bigimpact2003@...> wrote:
Hi All,

(note: I think this is relevant here and not on Magi Rawn, if not - junk it,
but I'd be grateful for anyones thoughts on the point though! Incidentally,
everything went a notch up and everything has turned out fine, thanks for your
previous help!)

I have a query regarding free will. Rawn mentioned a while ago that by living
in the temporal now is the only way you can maintain free will (after you reach
a certain level of integration with the higher self and the all). I have long
been under the impression that there is no free will at any point as every
action undertaken is a perfect representation of every circumstance that has
lead to the present level of consciousness, thus any action / reaction that
occurs in the physical is, by definition, the only action that could have taken
place; any other response / action / whatever is physically impossible to
happen. So the question is, to what extent is there genuine free will, as I am
under the distinct impression that the illusion of free will in workers is the
main driving force behind life and QED the magics. Also, does the extent of
potential free will differ depending on the level of an initate?

I am aware that this arguement can be used as the perfect cop-out for anything,
but I think it's also a necessary realisation for ascendence.

Incidentally, on the "Starving Somalian" thing from Jeremy, nobody mentioned
that Universal law states that a starving 6 year old in Somalia is meant to be
starving in Somalia; Hermetics or no - everything is as it is meant to be.

Communion to all,

Mark