Re: free will

Message 01741 of 3835

Hello Robert,

>Do we make unconscious choices? I would think "choice" would >be a conscious
>endeavor.

Yes, I would say the same, choice is a conscious act.

One of the things I learnt from step 1 observance of thoughts exercise was just
how much of our behaviour is automatic, when you look at your thoughts without
judging them you see how you *react* to external circumstances and how our
reactions are mostly the result of habit. I suppose you could call these
unconscious or automatic behaviour.

But whether these are reactions or willed conscious choices the same still
holds, i,e that any action be it willed consciously or automatically or
unconsciously is bound up and encompassed fully, it is played or acted out live
in the temporal continuum and we can call this choice, will, or even
unconscious behaviour, and it is also bound up in wholeness completely in the
one now which includes everything.

There is nothing that you can do consciously with will or unconsciously through
reaction or what we might call unconsciousness that is not 'already'
''contained'' !"#$$%&'
in the one moment of now of the one consciousness which includes all as it's
own self.

Kind Regards,

Scott.