Re: Fw: Welcome to BardonPraxis

Message 01761 of 3835

Dear John,

>> I was in the process of trying to find the best approach to studying
the Golden Dawn traditions when I discovered Franz Bardon. <<

Franz Bardon's works are not considered to be part of the Golden Dawn
tradition, even though they spring from the same essential culture of
Hermeticism and Western Occultism/Magic. Bardon's system of
study/practice is not ritual-based. In other words, it's not about
performing ceremonial rituals or learning a foreign vocabulary, etc.
Instead, it's a self-transformative process filled with exercises that
teach you the actual techniques of magic and train your actual magical
abilities. There's lots of meditation and introspection involved! :)

>> I am a seeker of truth whose primary connection to the Divine has
been through Christianity in the past, though I've been questioning my
beliefs for some time now and would not be considered a "practicing"
Christian, but I am certainly a practicing seeker. <<

I think about the only actual prerequisite for beginning Bardon's system
is that one be a "practicing seeker". :) What religion you choose to
adhere to is never a barrier. The path of Hermetic initiation that
Bardon presented is not a religious system so it can fit into any
religious practice.

>> I would appreciate advice as to the best way begin my study. <<

I suggest that you get a copy of Bardon's first book, "Initiation Into
Hermetics" and read that from cover to cover. In my opinion, that'd be
the best place to start. :)