Fw: Welcome to BardonPraxis

Message 01953 of 3835

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darryl Gray" <kokayi33@...>
To: <BardonPraxis-owner@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 6:59 AM
Subject: Re: Welcome to BardonPraxis

Thank you very much for the creation of this group. My
name is Darryl Gray, but I prefer to be called Kokayi.
I started my "path" (in this life) in 1989 by being
introduced to Egyptian studies. This course of study
inspired me to investigate Hinduism, Judaism,
Buddhism, the Tantra, SUBUD, etc. The past three years
have found me studying the works of Blavatsky and
Alice Bailey (Theosophy as a whole I guess) with a
brief stint at the Shambhalla School in New Zealand. I
have studied such a diverse range of spiritual
concepts looking for a common denominator, I have
found "that" form of integration in Hermetic studies,
especially reading Initiation into Hermetics. This
book has allowed me to integrate the collective, as
well as has provided me with a great deal of
"reassurance" as I had been performing many of the
exercises from a purely "intuitive" perspective.
Another reason for my desire to join this group is
because, as an African American, I have yet to
encounter another person from my racial group that
studies Hermetic Science and perhaps I will meet one
(or more) "here". I have yet to encounter any form of
"overt" racism from another student of this Path, but,
because of the prevalent socialized racism that exists
in America, I am often viewed as being "unique", due
to me often being the only "minority" present within
this type of forum. If you have any questions, please
let me know.

Sincerely,
Darryl Gray (Kokayi)