an observation on the positive soul mirror

Message 01768 of 3835

I was talking with my fiancee today about the reasons I didn't like
being with my parents and extended family. As I was listing the
things I have had to learn from being with them -- things like,
learning how to lie about myself without showing it, to protect
myself from others' violent emotions, etc. -- I realized that despite
the negativity of my experiences, the resulting traits are actually
quite positive. I had been kind of blocked on progress in working on
my positive soul mirror, and I realized that I have been mainly
trying to list traits I observe in myself when things are going
smoothly, and that many if not most positive traits are the ones that
are developed to help us survive and thrive in challenging
situations. Very interesting.

I don't have a question, but I just thought I would share. I hope
this isn't going off-topic.

Thanks,
David

Main Index | Thread Index