Re: an observation on the positive soul mirror

Message 01775 of 3835

Hi David,

All interesting and true - but it may be useful to note that

"I have had to learn from being with them -- things like,
learning how to lie about myself without showing it"

This is still lying ;-) By looking at your positive traits in the soul mirror,
there should be a way you can adapt the negative aspect of lying and replace it
with a positive one, so that when presented with a situation you feel you need
to "lie and not show it" you can use this traits opposite! This will yield a
similar intention, but give you a chance to creatively emplymore of your
positive elements!

I have also personally found that protecting yourself from other peoples
negative / violent emotions is not so beneficial as embracing them and using
them as a means of exercising restraint and loving kindness towards those
encumbered with such emotions and helping them overcome the need for them. Good
for the soul ;-)

Mark

David Yeh <ldreamr@...> wrote:
I was talking with my fiancee today about the reasons I didn't like
being with my parents and extended family. As I was listing the
things I have had to learn from being with them -- things like,
learning how to lie about myself without showing it, to protect
myself from others' violent emotions, etc. -- I realized that despite
the negativity of my experiences, the resulting traits are actually
quite positive. I had been kind of blocked on progress in working on
my positive soul mirror, and I realized that I have been mainly
trying to list traits I observe in myself when things are going
smoothly, and that many if not most positive traits are the ones that
are developed to help us survive and thrive in challenging
situations. Very interesting.

I don't have a question, but I just thought I would share. I hope
this isn't going off-topic.

Thanks,
David