Re: an observation on the positive soul mirror

Message 01782 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, mark towse <bigimpact2003@y...>
wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> All interesting and true - but it may be useful to note that
>
> "I have had to learn from being with them -- things like,
> learning how to lie about myself without showing it"
>
> This is still lying ;-) By looking at your positive traits in the
soul mirror, there should be a way you can adapt the negative aspect
of lying and replace it with a positive one, so that when presented
with a situation you feel you need to "lie and not show it" you can
use this traits opposite! This will yield a similar intention, but
give you a chance to creatively emply more of your positive elements!

> I have also personally found that protecting yourself from other
peoples negative / violent emotions is not so beneficial as embracing
them and using them as a means of exercising restraint and loving
kindness towards those encumbered with such emotions and helping them
overcome the need for them. Good for the soul ;-)

> Mark

Perhaps you misunderstood. For one thing, I don't consider lying to
be an inherently negative trait. To speak a falsehood is something
that happens; whether or not that has a negative impact on myself or
others has to do with my awareness, my intent, and the consequences
of my actions, all of which can vary.

And it sounds like you've found your own ways to deal with negative
people. Undoubtedly that works for you in situations you encounter.

David

Main Index | Thread Index