Re: an observation on the positive soul mirror

Message 01783 of 3835

Greetings.

In my experience, given that we all lie, either to ourselves, in our
ignorance or positively with intent, etc. The focus on more truth and
less lie reveals ones true intent to oneself and develops courage,
awareness, strength and far less confusion within as well as without.
It is also much more difficult to manifest that the *avoiding lie*.

I also believe, lying is our personality based attempt to avoid
consequence (consequence may smply be the effort required to
eliminate our self-ignorance in the matter) for our truth (or our
ignorance) and the avoidance of modifying our delivery of that truth
with greater compassion for ourselves as well as for others.

I believe great mysteries are left undiscovered in the midst of our
lies.

One certainly may accept lying as a fact and a truth of life... to
UTILIZE this fact as a means to remove our responsibility in refining
that lie to a lesser lie/closer truth may limit the opportunity
within the lie and consequently, our own self development.

IE - it actually prolongs our weakness and dependence upon that lie
within the illusion of gaining us a temporary optional strength.

A lie is in itself a lie that we lie to ourselves and suspend our own
truth (again) to believe long enough to share its desceit with
another who in turn believes our lie as a truth.

The theft of something seemingly materially insignificant. That
judgement compounds the lie again and we avoid determining our real
truth.

I often reflect that one lie is actually the parent of several at the
moment of conception.

There is a place between the light and in the space of
forgetfullness, avoidance and darkness.

What habitation does it provide for? What seeks to live and influence
within our psychies there and remain unseen parts of our
personalities? Ever influencing and ever evaded? Overlooked and
forgotten whenever sought. At least at first.

I appreciate your candor.

Thank you.
:T:

> Perhaps you misunderstood. For one thing, I don't consider lying
> be an inherently negative trait. To speak a falsehood is something
> that happens; whether or not that has a negative impact on myself
or
> others has to do with my awareness, my intent, and the consequences
> of my actions, all of which can vary.
>
> And it sounds like you've found your own ways to deal with negative
> people. Undoubtedly that works for you in situations you encounter.
>

> David

Main Index | Thread Index