Re: Mundane Relationships

Message 01798 of 3835

Dear Allen,

>> Yet, on the other side of the coin, I notice that I am beginning to
deal with people more as an observer. I listen to what they are
saying, talk less, smile, and rarely become interactive anymore in a
conversation, especially if I sense anything negative or not
spiritually beneficial. To be honest, the daily concerns of most
people is beginning to feel like a chore to listen to. I am sure
people are noticing this new behaviour. I even notice people getting
mad because I do not choose anymore to "participate" in their emotions
as I may have before. I also choose to keep my spiritual life very
private and never talk about it, but there are always clever people
who notice things... <<

To add to what Rawn said, your new behavior is becoming more and more
anti-social. I should know, as I am :) But it's something that I'm
working on to overcome.

To see why this behavior isn't the greatest in the world, simply look
to Bardon. He was doctor, helped the sick, cared for people, and did
a great many services to humanity. Yet he had a family: a wife and
children. I'm sure he was delighted when his son brought a paper with
nothing but mere smears of color and said "Look Daddy I drew you!"
I'm sure he was concerned when his children started school and felt
all of the normal emotions that all parents do. But I'm sure he
handled them differently. On the surface he was "Franz Bardon -
Parent", but underneath he was "Franz Bardon - Magus Parent".

So distancing yourself from people is not a good thing in general,
especially people that you care about. I'm not saying that you should
simply do what you have always done either. But should simply be what
you were before, but in addition be the new you. It's not a cutting
off of the old self, its a transmuting of the old self into the new.
The old must be incorporated in the new self but in a new light. To
make it better, not worse. If something that you are doing is causing
problems, chances are that it is not a positive behavior, but rather a
negative one. Of course, no one can really judge this but you. But
for myself, I don't see how I can be a humble servant to mankind if I
don't care anything for them. And that is why I am transmuting the
"anti-social/detachment towards people" into the "I care about
people".

I'm sure some of this will apply to you and other part not so. I can
only base what I say upon myself. So take no offense if something
seems harsh, as it was, at one time, directed towards myself ;)

All Will Go Well,
--Alan

Main Index | Thread Index