Re: sensory concentration exercises - exclusions of images

Message 01818 of 3835

Dear Newbie (not anymore) ~

> My question is : other images, not related to cold, may appear.
> Sometimes abstract pictures come to the mind and go away, without
> any relationship nor interference with my feeling of cold. Is this
> something to consider as a failure, or is it unrelated ?

These are things you should use one-pointed and vacancy for, dude.
Association is a state created by your own mind. Take heed of it. I
cannot tell you anything you do not already know.

> If this is a failure, I'd like to know how to prevent images to
> appear! I read the correspondance on "More on Step 2 sensory
> concentration exercises", and I understand the concept of
> concentrating on the essential meaning of cold, e.g., but this
> solves the question of the "related images" only (like the roses in
> the case of smell), but not the flashes and the ebb and flow of
> random abstract images.

It is not a failure. Rather, you have opened doors within your mind
that have been locked for quite some time. Recognize them for what
they are, resolve what they mean to you personally, and then move on.
There is nothing more I can tell you.

> ...Or is it a sort of 3D exercise of one pointedness ?

No. Because in this case they appear regardless of your Will. Always
remember that things that work without your Will -whether good or bad-
will fuck you in the end (escuse my language but I really mean it!).

> Many thanks.
> NB

Main Index | Thread Index