sensory concentration exercises - exclusions of images

Message 01816 of 3835

I have a question related to step 2's "feeling concentration"
exercise, particularly as far as the exclusion of other senses is
concerned.
I understand that when feeling cold, for example, I have to reject
images of fridges, snow storm, ice etc., and only keep an
independant sensation of cold. This is ok.

My question is : other images, not related to cold, may appear.
Sometimes abstract pictures come to the mind and go away, without
any relationship nor interference with my feeling of cold. Is this
something to consider as a failure, or is it unrelated ?

If this is a failure, I'd like to know how to prevent images to
appear! I read the correspondance on "More on Step 2 sensory
concentration exercises", and I understand the concept of
concentrating on the essential meaning of cold, e.g., but this
solves the question of the "related images" only (like the roses in
the case of smell), but not the flashes and the ebb and flow of
random abstract images.

...Or is it a sort of 3D exercise of one pointedness ?

Many thanks.
NB

Main Index | Thread Index