Re: sensory concentration exercises - exclusions of images

Message 01819 of 3835

Dear NB,

>> My question is : other images, not related to cold, may appear.
Sometimes abstract pictures come to the mind and go away, without
any relationship nor interference with my feeling of cold. Is this
something to consider as a failure, or is it unrelated ?
If this is a failure, I'd like to know how to prevent images to
appear! I read the correspondance on "More on Step 2 sensory
concentration exercises", and I understand the concept of
concentrating on the essential meaning of cold, e.g., but this
solves the question of the "related images" only (like the roses in
the case of smell), but not the flashes and the ebb and flow of
random abstract images.
...Or is it a sort of 3D exercise of one pointedness ? <<

For the purposes of these sensory concentration exercises, *all*
extraneous sensory input must be rejected/ignored. An image would
pertain to the sense of sight. You need to isolate *just* the sense
you're working with. This is a matter of one-pointedness.