Re: G-d, I don't understand

Message 01827 of 3835

Hi NB,

You shouldn't be worried about causing offence, that's an individuals reaction
to unknown intention! My query was genuine, as I didn't know why the letters
were ommited - your email reminded me I wanted to find out why for some time -
for which I thank you - and you know too now; an excellent thread for all
concerned ;-)

Mark

Newbieonekenhobby <newbieonekenhobby@...> wrote:
Dear Mark,
To be honest with you, it's precisely because I
noticed that the central letter was omitted and that
only "G-d" was mentionned in almost all textes
mentionning this Word, that I decided to adjust my way
of writing also.
At the beginning, I was surprised to see this
truncation because it did not correspond (in my mind)
to your correct reference "The one who's name must not
be spoken", in the sense that was not the Name
itself.
I just assumed people had a reason for writing that
way, and I didn't want to offend anyone.
Cheers,
NB