Re: Defining Hermeticism

Message 01879 of 3835

Dear Robert,

>> Would it be correct to say that being a part of humanity, a single
person secretly harbors all the negative characteristics of what has
been called human nature? And that some are just more dominant than
others? <<

No, it's not a matter of harboring them, it's a matter of having the
potential for them. We each carry within us the potential to manifest
any human trait, but this doesn't mean that each trait actually exists
within us.

>> And what about one's secret faults, those one is unaware of? There
are times I find myself justifying being bored and I really have to work
at not expressing this negative emotion. However, I am sure there are
things deep within that need to be worked on. Does one become conscious
of those by mastering the ones that he is aware of? <<

It's a combination of transforming the faults you are aware of and being
always mindful of yourself. You must continue introspection as a
life-long habit.