Re: Defining Hermeticism-self knowledge

Message 01891 of 3835

Robert Spaulding <firstrobroy2000@...> wrote:
Hi Eric:

"Thanks for your quote from Ouspensky. I have also read In Search of the
Miraculous by Ouspensky."

This particular extract comes from a book of questions and answers intitled"the
fourth way" (just to make sure not to annoy academics!)

"He has stated that negative emotions rule the world. But they also rule
individual lives. Jung referred to the "collective unconscious" Maybe this is
what the Apostle Paul was referring to when he spoke of secret faults. The more
one practices self-awareness and that state of consciousness which has been
called mindfulness, the more they detach from the level of collective
unconscious, which I believe Ouspensky called automatism and they slowlybecome
a part of the circle of conscious humanity."

In this ligth I came to REALLY appreciate the instructions of Bardon's stepone,
as he ecourages us to develop all those tools that we take for granted (not
anymore!) ,observation,mindfulness, plus the correspondances with the elements.
Well equiped to start serious work, being able to observe ourselves with
honesty and to start refining our being.

Time is for action.

"Thanks for your comments.

Robert"

Thank you.

Eric

I have a couple of questions for evrybody

Self-knowledge is so important, is it only a 1st step to be taken ?(i do
understand the importance for being able to DO, and self-mastery)

What is the relation between self mastery and Union with the divine? is it to
allow a proper "descent" of that particular power?, as a well tuned instrument
in a middle of an orcherstra?

Thank you.

Eric