Re: Working with the Elements

Message 01892 of 3835

Hi,

> First would be eliminate caffine, smoking, alchol
> etc. Then it would be getting more in touch with both
> your Artistic Side & your Inner Femme, which varies
> for all.
> Overcoming a fire imbalance is never really easy.
> Part of it comes from the ideas above but you also
> need to think about Compassionate Living(like Buddhist
> Thonglen)and working on more receptive parts of
> yourself in any sphere, be it scrying or Tarot,
> walking meditation, cooking or going to a spa rather
> than gym.
> I hope that is some help.
> LVX
> Frater Serpentis Satori

I seem to be doing a very good job of having a Fire imbalance without
caffeine etc., thank you very much. :) I'm pretty "straight" except
for the huge problem of being a thought-addict.

I would look into tai chi, Rawn, except that I'm living in an area of
the country that is, as a friend put it, on the "trailing edge of
consciousness."

But being receptive in general, and turning my awareness to my
artistic side, is definitely a big weakness. I'm too analytical.
Just being present is difficult. Emptiness practice is helping but I
need to let it leak over into everyday life too.

Thanks for the advice,
David

Main Index | Thread Index