Re: Infinite possibilities

Message 01896 of 3835

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for that - although I have always been under the impression
that there is indeed a limit to the physical realm, which I have
come across from a process I call "edgeriding" which is forcing your
consciousness to the absolute limit to which physical matter has
expanded; this is still increasing but taken from a sufficiently
grand perspective, is in fact a very small - even given it's near
infinite appearance from the physical human perspective. This region
beyond has the potnetial for physical reality to expand in to it,
but this is what I deem to be a present physical boundary. I
haven't explored the other realms sufficiently to comment.

Cause and effect is one of my faves, but I was thinking more
specifically about transference and equilibrium of pure energy in a
manifested form and the maximum extents it can be modified within
possibility (even given pure perfection in the alchemical arts is
subject to a degree of limitation, in which cause and effect si also
present). Given any physical capping and any absolute laws, no
matter how maleable, is what gives rise to the question about how
infinite is infinite if taken from a sufficiently distanced position.

If you catch my drift :-)

Mark

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Gutmanas"
<bigimpact2003@y...>
> wrote:
> > My stumbling point is, that everything is still subject to
absolue
> laws and some relate to what is *feasible*. Given these laws are
> absolute and fixed and within the physical world, there is a
tangible
> (if almost infinitely massive) amount of space in which things
> attached to said universal laws can happen.
>
> Dear Mark,
>
> I would like to bring up two thoughts related to the issue.
> First, regarding the claim that there is a tangible amount of
space
> in which nature can take its course; is not the physical realm as
> infinite as the astra-mental realms? Even modern science seems to
> confirm this thought.
> If it is indeed so, then even if there was a fixed number of
absolute
> universal Laws which work like mathematical functions (producing a
> *single* output for every possible input), there would still be a
> genuinly infinite amount of physical space for them to manifest in.
>
> Second, regarding absolute Laws. Let's take the Law of Cause and
> Effect, for example. I think it was David Hume who postulated that
> there is no logical connection between causes and their effects.
> Proceeding from this thought, I, personally, believe that
different
> effects might rise from exactly the same causes.
> To me, the Law of Cause and Effect is responsible for teaching,
for
> allowing us to learn from the results of our actions. Given a
> specific constant environment and specific cause, an infinite
amount
> of possibilites of effects arise, an infinite amount of ways to
> express and teach the lesson needed. All these possibilities are
> simultaneously included in the All, and yet, given the sequential
> nature of human perception, we seemingly experience the lesson in
> only one of the possible ways.
>
> The two above thoughts, if correct of course, already give us an
> infinite amount of space in which an infinte amount of events
> happen. :)
>
> Hoping to be clear enough to be of any help,
> Daniel

Main Index | Thread Index