Re: Infinite possibilities

Message 01900 of 3835

Dear Mark,

In mathematics, infinity can varying degrees of infiniteness. This
can easily be proven using power set composition. If you want me to
explain further I will. Basically, you can have an infinity that is
greater than another infinity. This sort of happens in physics with
cosmology. They've pretty much proven mathematically that the
universe is spherical and will not collapse in on itself. There are
two other possibilities: everything keeps moving away, or we
approach a limit. With the former, we would eventually be left all
alone in what we could see in the universe. In the latter case, we
would appear to drift so far apart and then come to a halt, but not
quite. We still drift further apart, just at a slower rate.
Varying degrees of infinity ;)

Not sure if this helps, but it may lead to some new angles with
which to view your question.

All Will Go Well,
--Alan

Main Index | Thread Index