Re: self knowledge_imagination

Message 01897 of 3835

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:
Dear Eric,

>> Self-knowledge is so important, is it only a 1st step to be taken ?(i
do understand the importance for being able to DO, and self-mastery) <<

Self is infinite, stretching from the personal to the Divine, so really,
the whole path of initiation is about Self-knowledge. IIH begins with
knowledge of the personal/astral self, then moves on to knowledge of the
Individual/temporal-mental Self, then to the Greater/eternal-mental
Self, and on to the Divine Self."

Dear Rawn, thank you.

If I understand correctly, first, the "I" is identified with personal, astral
self and do not recognise his source. With knowledge of our traits (mirror
work, introspection constant mindfulness)the "I" re-cognise the
individual-personal and so on ?

Now,Bardon gives a important place to active imagination.

The capacity for active, controlled imagination will enable the "I"
(mental-individual) to "jump" into the Eternal-Mental?

Is the creative imagination the bridge between personnal and "greater". (I
remember the map of body soma, soul psyche, nous or active imagination, leadind
to spirit (greater self?) and finally Spriritus (divine).

I find it very hard to express, maybe what i want to find out is what is the
relation between imagination and knowlege of self?

<<

Self-mastery is the process of taking what was formerly un-conscious and
making it into a conscious thing. This is absolutely necessary for the
advancement of Self-knowledge since the known Self must be expressed
with conscious intention.>>

This is quite puzzling, as your essay on Sowantha, there is no "death" of
individuality for access of Greater Self.

Could you then talk of "transparence" of individuality ? (who will then
"reflect" consciously without distortion?, at the same time "I am That"
(Spiritus)and "I" (ego)am a conscious instrustrument to Greater Self)?

Trying to work it out mentally is probably very futile, and i will stop
bothering you on that point.

THank you very much for your answer.

Eric