awareness

Message 01902 of 3835

I began to observe my thoughts, and seemed to experience all sorts of
mental gibberish at once, as if it was aware that I was attempting to
be more self-aware. It almost got to the point of pain, but instead
of letting it drown me so to speak in mental bile, I just kept
watching. The best tactic it seemed to have with me was to think of
something interesting so to get a little attention, and then
distraction and forgetfulness, leading me to feel mildly irritated
and wanting to remember.

If I forget something should I just carry on with the excercise and
fight through the urge to remember?

Or should I remember it and then carry on after the disruption of the
excercise?

What happens to your mental state when you have practiced the mental
discipline excercises for many years?

Do you still get trapped by the minds tricks?

What happens if you only practice the mental excercises?

Thanks for this VERY interesting forum.

Tim

Main Index | Thread Index