Re: awareness

Message 01911 of 3835

Dear Tim,

>> If I forget something should I just carry on with the excercise and
fight through the urge to remember? Or should I remember it and then
carry on after the disruption of the excercise? <<

The point of the first exercise is to *disconnect from participation in
your mind chatter* and to *passively* observe whatever transpires.

>> What happens to your mental state when you have practiced the mental
discipline excercises for many years? <<

Well, obviously, you gain control over your mental state. :) In
general this means that *you* determine your mental state instead of it
being determined by external events.

>> Do you still get trapped by the minds tricks? <<

That would depend upon how strong your mental discipline is and how well
you have come to know how the mind works, etc.

>> What happens if you only practice the mental excercises? <<

In comparison to practicing all three types of exercises (i.e., mental,
astral and physical) simultaneously, you would have an imbalanced and
rather slow progression.