Re: Happy Birthday!

Message 02006 of 3835

Dear Devin and all,

>> Speaking of birthdays today... Happy 1-year to Rawn's creation of
BardonPraxis! Hopefully many more to come! :) <<

Thank you! :) It was just about this hour of the night, 365 days ago,
that I created BardonPraxis! ;-)

I remember the moment clearly. I had spent the evening with family and
friends, having our little celebration of the season and of course,
eating entirely too much good food. :) After a couple of hours of
recuperation, I checked my email and found a flurry of messages from the
FranzBardonMagi. By and large, they were a waste of electricity and the
tone of at least one of them was extremely offensive to just about
everyone. The contrast between that online banality and my evening
among friends and family, was the straw that tipped the scale toward
action.

For some time I had toyed with the idea of opening a moderated list that
was specifically and exclusively for the discussion of Bardonism. A
list where it could be about communication and helping each other
instead of being a public arena for fulfilling disturbing ego needs. I
suspected that the key to prevent a list turning into someone's platform
for venting was simply to moderate it. And I also suspected that it
would be a VERY time consuming task, so I never followed through on the
idea. Until that night one year ago.

And here we are, one year later and 400 members strong. :) It has been
a year filled with quality discussions, to put it mildly. :) It has
been a year in which many of our members have made incredible progress
in their work! :)

Over the past year, I have had to reject very few posts -- far fewer
than I expected. 99% of those were rejected because they were just too
far off topic. And only one was ever rejected for rudeness.

For that, I thank you all most sincerely! :)

I also found that it wasn't as time consuming as I feared it would be
and what's more, being here with you all has served as a source of
inspiration for me on countless occasions. :)

I look forward to discovering what our next year holds for us!

My best to you all,