Re: Doubts about the path

Message 02029 of 3835

David,

>>>So I'm begging for answers to my questions:
Isn't a path like Hermetics, strewn with many possibilities for power
and abuse of power, also prone to abuse of self and self-delusion?
Doesn't it focus unnecessarily on methods of control rather than
methods of communion? Would it not be simpler to give up the power
and focus on experiencing the Divine, with paths like Buddhism?<<<

Every path, be it the path of the Hermetic, Shaman, Buddhist, Daoist,
Kabbalahist, Christian, has the potential to lead to an obsession
with power, the potentiality of self delusion and so forth.
Typically, however, there are a number of safeguards woven into the
fabric of that tradition that *sometimes* help to aleviate these
problems to a certian extent. The guru being the primary one
throughout most mystical traditions. Though, of course, that
potentially leads to all sorts of problems in and of itself.

Within the Hermetic tradition of Franz Bardon the primary safeguard
is the radical self honesty that is needed to undertake the soul
mirror work of step one and two. In addition to the fact that if you
don't do this work it is rather hard, if not downright impossible in
some cases, to move onwards to some of the more advanced work of
creative visualization and so forth.

As far as the issue of control is concerned, I don't think so. And
yes, there are a number of exercises throughout IIH that involve
communion. In fact, one could say that the whole purpose of Hermetics
is communion with one's Holy Guardian Angel, one's own personal god.
Or, in other words, Hermetics, Kabbalah as well, *is* all about
experiencing the divine.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index