Re: organizations

Message 02081 of 3835

Hi Dan,

Although new to the group here I'd like to comment on this if I may. To the
best of my own knowledge there are no known groups that meet to discuss/learn
about/practice Bardons methods. The key there being 'no known groups'. I think
there could be a group here or there that does so, but at this point it doesn't
appear that they have made their existence known, the one exception being this
particular Yahoo group, and I wish that this would have existed all those years
ago when I myself first came upon his material.

Now with that said I'll continue with something that is likely to create a bit
of a ruckus, but that's okay. The fact that there may not be an existing group
does not imply that there couldn't be one in the future, but it would be up to
individuals such as we find on this list that would most likely be the ones to
implement something of this nature. Granted, I am not completely familiar with
the material although I do own copies of the 3 volumes, so there may be
something that Bardon wrote advising against this, but I'm not personally aware
of it. It would take a great deal of work to do it, and there would be things
to work out, but I think it could be done.

Some things to consider if something along the line of Lodge or grop work were
considered.

1. Would the Lodge or working group have a grade system?

2. If there is a grade system, what would one use for the initiatory rites, how
many degrees, and what would a person use for a foundation type ritual? Pre
existing rites could possibly be utilized, but there may need to be
modifications based upon the differences of Bardons approach to things such as
the Quaballah. Or, alternatively, something new could be devised, which
actually might be the better route, but then that is personal opinion.

3. There would need to be a breakdown of the work in IIH to correspond with a
persons level of advancement, and the procedure for doing this would depend a
great deal upon grade system -vs- no grade system.

4. What other exercises, ritual, and meditative work would be introduced to
correspond with the various steps as outlined in IIH?

5. Would the Lodge or group operate within a particular Mythos, and if so, what
Mythos would one use? This could be an issue within a group that works with or
without a grade and/or initiatory sytem, but could become even more of an issue
with a group that does work initiatory rites.

6. If working a grade system, how is the work outlined from step 1 through step
8 of IIH?

7. Step 8 from IIH is recommended to be completed before work in the next two
volumes are commenced, so if there is a grade system, at what point would this
work be introduced. If there isn't one, is there something that one would want
to utilize to ensure everone in the group is actually performing the work in
the appropriate steps.

Those that do not work within the set guidelines run the risk of hurting the
group mind, and this is something for consideration.
Those that do not work within the set guidelines run the risk of group work not
being as fulfilling or successful as it could be. (These are both over
generalizations, but you get the idea.)
Group work is often only as effective as the weakest link in the chain, hence
the need to ensure that everyone is up to speed and progressing through the
steps of IIH at certain levels of group work.

8. If there is no grade system, how are the previous two items (#6 & #7) to be
implemented.

9. Bardons system of Quaballah does not utilize Hebrew, so this would need to
be taken into account within the overall system as it is being developed.

This is just the start of many things that would need to be considered.
Although these first 9 items sounds a bit daunting, I don't really think it is
something that is unsurmountable, and any order that exists today or yesterday
had to begin at the beginning, so it's definitely possible to do in my opinion.

Another thing to consider is that although someone might not be up to step 8
and doing work within the next two volumes, a very good intellectual
understanding of all three volumes would be needed in order to do something of
this nature, and as the persons (or Lodge/group members) understanding
solidified, things could be adapted based upon better understanding of the
material and what was required. The reason I state this is that simple
intellectual understanding does not replace direct experience and praxis, and
although an intellectual understanding would be needed for a beginning, the
praxis and experience of the material would lead to a more direct intuitional
understanding of the processes and concepts involved, hence the need for
modifications to certain things as the understanding of the group evolved.

Alot of this begins to get into details of the group mind and group dynamics
which probably shouldn't be discussed directly on the forum, but I think that I
have given you some ideas, and perhaps something of this nature will become a
reality at some point. Like I said though, I think that if we look elsewhere it
is not likely to be found, but would instead be something that would likely get
its start from the very same people that belong to this group and other similar
groups dedicated to Bardons' work.

I myself just found this group after digging my own volumes off the shelf the
other evening and finding renewed interest. So, although I am starting pretty
much from the beginning with this system, feel free to email me off list if any
of this is of interest, and this invitation goes out to anyone on the list.

In Light,
Ron