RE: IIH is too minimal?

Message 02093 of 3835

Wise words my friend, wise words

From: Allen Kray <sourceport@...>
To: BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BardonPraxis] IIH is too minimal?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:24:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

The statement "IIH is too vague and doesn't explain
things in enough detail" might seem familiar to some
of you.

The more I practice, and the less I try to
"intellectualize" all of this, the more I realize how
a majority of the spiritual practices out there e.g.
Yoga, Taoism, Magic, etc. are all basically the same
thing leading to the same place (from a high
overview).

The more success I have with the exercises, the more
apparent it is that Franz Bardon did not just write a
book, but rather an outline of experiences that lead
to successes.

I understand now that the point of Franz Bardon's
style of writing was not to transfer knowledge
(because knowledge is second-hand), but to show you
a way to "knowing".

I write this because in the beginning many of the
posts here and many of Rawn's writings did not make
any sense to me. I thought, "Oh I need to study this
and that first before I can read this and do this."
Not true. Just a word of advice to people feeling like
I did in the beginning: just practice the exercises
and worry less about the theory. It will just begin to
fall into place.

Here are some simple, but effective methods that have
turbo boosted my practice:

1. Don't concern yourself with results, but rather
work on turning the step you are at into an art form -
a beautiful work of art that you create daily. Be
aware of every movement in your day and meditations
-observe its beauty.

2. Practice being in the Now. I know this concept is
beat to death, but it is so true. By constantly being
aware of the present, you become a master of your
actions and reactions. Concentration in meditation
multiplies exponentially.

3. By being always present, you can catch the
formation of an emotion and observe it without
labeling it. This takes some practice, but it is very
rewarding. It becomes quite amusing in the beginning
as you learn how to roll-up the observed emotion in
its early stages of formation and just kind of toss it
out the window. For example, someone starts an
argument and your trained awareness brings their ego
immediately a feeling of contentment and satisfaction.
No need for useless ego-fed discussions (you'll make
more friends this way too ;-) ).

4. Quit judging your efforts. I am quite active
physically - sports and the gym - and realize it takes
a lot of time and effort to see any results. I don't
complain if I don't have muscular sculpted body after
a few sessions with the weights (I'm patient, a few
more years ought to do it :-)). I can't observe the
minute changes occurring in my muscles. Same goes for
mental training. There are subtle changes going on
that we aren't aware of. Everything takes time, but
enjoy your efforts at this moment and forget about
those visions of master magician down the road (well,
sometimes is ok... ;-)). This relates to #1 I guess.

Thanks for reading this spontaneous inspiration in the
form of email.

Sincerely,
Allen Kray